Friday, August 12, 2011

My parents are Jewish. I was raised in the Jewish faith, and after exploring the field of biology?

and medicine, I have recently rejected all these absurd views and become an athiest. My parents are very frustrated. My mother feels my actions are disrespectful and "warped". For the Jewish high holidays, I am forced to go to temple (something I do not want to do). On Rosh Hashana, I refused to wear a yarmulke, a symbolic "cap", and received many dirty looks from the members of the congregation. I was also appalled at how the rabbi was able to call up all the younger children and have them bow before a "holy book" that they have never read. What do I do with my parents and the whole situation? I am a member of the scientific community and I cannot stand for any nonsense.

No comments:

Post a Comment