Monday, August 15, 2011

Toshiba Laptop blue screen/no keyboard?

My friend asked me to look at his machine because he got a blue screen. He said he was watching a TV show when he fell asleep and he woke up to the machine making noise so he just shut it down and went back to sleep, the next morning the laptop wouldn't work (he also told me he has dropped the laptop a few times). Well, I am looking at it and the keyboard doesn't work. I was going to do a system restore but the onboard keyboard or any USB keyboard I try does not work. However, the weird thing is, I can turn the NUM LOCK on (and light) on for about 2-3 seconds and press either F2 (Bios) or F12 (Boot Manager) and get into those. In those, the keyboards do not work. I consider myself knowledgeable when it comes to computers and repairs, but I am lost at this point and probably consider it a motherboard issue but I would like to hear any suggestions you guys have.

No comments:

Post a Comment