Monday, August 15, 2011

Fantasy Baseball Question - - Who should I take with 3RD Overall Pick?

I would take Hanley Ramirez with the 3rd pick. The guy almost hit 30HR last year AND STILL had a load of SB's. If not him then Jimmy Rollins because he would be basically the same thing. Neither of the other guys you mentioned are going to give you that kinda production in 2 distinctly different categories except David Wright but I think his ceiling in stolen bases is lower than that of Ramirez or Rollins. For 2nd and 3rd round I think you should target Beltran and Maglio Ordonez. Beltran is ANOTHER 30/30 guy and that would give your team a FANTASTIC start, and I like Mags over Cabrera actually because he's already proven with a WORSE Tiger's lineup that he can get it done in a big way. If you take Hanley and then get Beltran and Mags is gone or your not big on him...I would go with Teixeira or Carlos Lee...absolute MASHERS and you wont need speed because you will already have two 30+ sb guys. So to recap...first 3 picks...if healthy and productive you can almost pencil in ATLEAST a total of 100 HR, 250RBI, and 70 SB...thats a REALLY good start.

No comments:

Post a Comment